Monday, January 10, 2011

Big Breakfast @ Margaret River Chocolate Factory.

One place I would bring my visitors to Perth whenever they come is the Margaret River Chocolate Factory. But I'm lazy. I would normally just drive up to the one in Swan Valley (about 1 hour north of Perth via Great Eastern Highway)! Either one, they sell the same stuff - yummy chocolates!

The first thing everyone does when they enter is to head straight to the chocolate tasting bowls and help themselves to the free chocolate tastings! People who have
warm hands have to be very careful (especially in Summer)! I normally lay a piece of tissue on my hands just so I don't get melted chocolate on my palms!



One of the items on my list for my visitor to try was the Big Breakfast. It so happened that we were all hungry and at the cafe, so decided to give their big breakfast a try. It was my first time trying their big Breakfast. Like all other big breakfast we were given some toast (sometimes a range of bread will be offered), eggs (either scrambled or fried, some other cafes have poached eggs as well), mushrooms, grilled tomato, baked beans, sausague, bacon. Margaret River Chocolate Factory's big breakfast also come with capsicum relish! I didin't give it a try tho, as I'm not a capsicum fan.

I personally will go for wholemeal bread (or any special ones that cafes offer cause I love trying new bread), and scrambled eggs with cracked pepper! I'll occasionally go for poached eggs as I love how the egg yolk melts in y
our mouth when you swallow it whole!

The scrambled eggs at Margaret River Chocolate factory actually had some cheese in it! First time I had scrambled eggs like that, and it tasted great!

I personally would order a pot of earl grey tea to go with my breakfast, the boyfriend will either have iced chocolate or a form of hot coffee. Either way, everything goes well with big breakfast!

This is worth the try next time anyone goes there.

Something else worth trying is their fondue for two. From memory, you are given a whole range of things to dip into the yummy chocolate. Dried fruits, fresh strawberries, marshmallow, liquorice etc.. It's more of an afternoon tea thing for me, and were were there only for the morning, so didn't manage to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment