Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zafferano Italian Restaurant


Went there on a nice quiet weeknight... and ordered quite a lot of food!


Tried their 'Ciabatta".. It's actually 'char grilled with vine ripened roma tomatoes, persian feta, and basil puree. Being a non-feta fan, I had some troubles finishing that little slice! The tomatoes were good tho!


The we had this blue crab pasta as entree. This was superb! the chilli gave it a nice little twist, and the crab was so fresh and (sea) salty! The chef did a fantastic job at removing the shell! Also, this is a special of the day! Guess it's seasonal because you can't get good crabs all year round and it's the crabbing season right now!



For mains, I also ordered the special of the day.. The Lobster with salmon roe! I personally did not like roe (or any type of fish except for canned tuna) so I a few of the roes, and left it at the side. The lobster was grilled nicely, bringing out the freshness of the lobster!


I tried their 'apple dougnuts' fro desserts. Didn't really like it as it was too oily. It also didn't have much apple taste in it. The portion was really too much for one. I reckon it should be shared amongst three to four friends, if not it will be too filling! If I go back there again, I would like to try their crepes! A customer at the other table ordered it, and it was cooked right in front of them! (I think it was) the owner who cooked it. He kind of burnt the crepe inside the pan as well.

All in all, I would not mind going back to the restaurant again. Maybe to try something on their main menu, and this time, just entree and main. No need for breads.. And maybe the crepe for dessert to share! Have a look at their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment